Dendreon ( DNDN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Dendreon rose 32 cents (5.2%) to $6.53 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12.5 million shares of Dendreon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.19-$7.20 after having opened the day at $6.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.21. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Sarepta Therapeutics ( SRPT), up 146.2%, Catalyst Pharmaceutical Partners ( CPRX), up 22.7%, Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company ( AXN), up 13.1%, and Prima Biomed Ltd. ADR ( PBMD), up 10.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Dendreon Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.