Regions Financial Corporation ( RF) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Regions Financial Corporation rose 26 cents (4.2%) to $6.66 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 54.1 million shares of Regions Financial Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.53-$6.80 after having opened the day at $6.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.39. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Peoples Financial Corporation ( PFBX), up 14%, HMN Financial ( HMNF), up 13.1%, Severn Bancorp ( SVBI), up 9.6%, and Central Federal ( CFBK), up 8.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Regions Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.