Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT): A new report by the analyst firm IDC ranks Quest NetVault® Backup number one for data protection and recovery of Linux environments in the Japan market. Quest’s flagship enterprise data protection product, NetVault Backup has now ranked number one for Linux backup in Japan for 10 consecutive years. Tweet This: New analyst report ranks @Quest NetVault number one for Linux backup in Japan http://bit.ly/M60GQM News Facts:
- Titled “Japan Storage Software 2012‐2016 Forecast and 2011 Analysis” (Doc #J12450102)i, the IDC report provides a market size and vendor share analysis for the Japan storage software market in 2011. For data protection and recovery of Linux operating environments, Quest Software ranked number one in 2011, with a 61 percent share of the market.
- A highly scalable, cross-platform backup and recovery solution, NetVault Backup supports 12 different distributions of Linux. It also provides specialized support for seven different applications running on Linux, including Oracle, MySQL, Informix, DB2, Domino, Teradata, and SAP. In addition, NetVault Backup supports a wide range of Pure64 Linux distributions.
- Unlike most Windows-centric solutions, the NetVault Backup master server can be run directly on a Linux machine, providing users with increased flexibility and performance.
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Quest Data Protection Community: http://communities.quest.com/community/data-protection
- Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx