- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- NKBP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 8.64, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA NUOKANG BIO-PHARMA-ADR is currently very high, coming in at 86.50%. Regardless of NKBP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NKBP's net profit margin of 1.20% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 93.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.67 million to $0.11 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, CHINA NUOKANG BIO-PHARMA-ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.