Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals fell $1.50 (-2.9%) to $49.77 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.22-$50.67 after having opened the day at $50.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.27. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: InterMune ( ITMN), down 15.4%, PetMed Express ( PETS), down 14.4%, TrovaGene ( TROV), down 13.8%, and Supernus Pharmaceuticals ( SUPN), down 12%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Vertex Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.