MSC Industrial Direct ( MSM) pushed the Wholesale industry higher today making it today's featured wholesale leader. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2%. By the end of trading, MSC Industrial Direct rose $1.26 (1.9%) to $69.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 874,604 shares of MSC Industrial Direct exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 655,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $65.97-$69.52 after having opened the day at $66.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.80. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that increased today were: SinoHub ( SIHI), up 3.9%, Tessco Technologies ( TESS), up 2.7%, Wayside Technology Group ( WSTG), up 2.3%, and DXP ( DXPE), up 1.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full MSC Industrial Direct Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.