Encana ( ECA) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials leader. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.7%. By the end of trading, Encana rose 57 cents (2.8%) to $21.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10.1 million shares of Encana exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.85-$21.27 after having opened the day at $20.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.54. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Nexen ( NXY), up 51.8%, Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), up 10.4%, China Natural Resources ( CHNR), up 9.5%, and Lucas Energy ( LEI), up 8.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Encana Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.