NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Kewaunee Scientific (Nasdaq: KEQU) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 390.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 27.56% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KEQU should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 398.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.25 million to $1.26 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 153.74% to $2.61 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KEWAUNEE SCIENTIFIC CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.05%.
- KEWAUNEE SCIENTIFIC CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KEWAUNEE SCIENTIFIC CORP reported lower earnings of $0.40 versus $0.71 in the prior year.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff