Northeast Utilities ( NU) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Northeast Utilities fell 22 cents (-0.5%) to $40.26 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Northeast Utilities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.05-$40.46 after having opened the day at $40.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.48. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Consolidated Water Company ( CWCO), down 3.6%, Energy Company of Parana ( ELP), down 3.5%, U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), down 2.9%, and Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), down 2.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Northeast Utilities Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.