CenterPoint Energy ( CNP) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities leader. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, CenterPoint Energy rose 23 cents (1.1%) to $21.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.7 million shares of CenterPoint Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.82-$21.18 after having opened the day at $20.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.92. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Distribution and Marketing Company of the N ( EDN), up 11.9%, Transportadora de Gas del Sur ( TGS), up 3%, Active Power ( ACPW), up 2.4%, and EQT ( EQT), up 2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full CenterPoint Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.