Cablevision Systems ( CVC) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media leader. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Cablevision Systems rose 41 cents (2.9%) to $14.57 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10.3 million shares of Cablevision Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.30-$14.90 after having opened the day at $14.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.16. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Seven Arts Entertainment ( SAPX), up 14.7%, Dolan ( DM), up 6.6%, Liberty Global ( LBTYB), up 5.4%, and Dex One ( DEXO), up 4.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Cablevision Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.