Medivation ( MDVN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care leader. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Medivation rose 91 cents (1%) to $95.58 on light volume. Throughout the day, 330,600 shares of Medivation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 742,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $94.09-$95.78 after having opened the day at $94.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $94.67. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company ( AXN), up 24%, Astex Pharmaceuticals ( ASTX), up 13.5%, Durect Corporation ( DRRX), up 12.6%, and Onyx Pharmaceuticals ( ONXX), up 11.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Medivation Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.