Weatherford International ( WFT) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials leader. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Weatherford International rose 51 cents (4%) to $13.20 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15.7 million shares of Weatherford International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.77-$13.24 after having opened the day at $12.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.69. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: USEC ( USU), up 11.1%, Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), up 10.8%, Baker Hughes ( BHI), up 9.1%, and Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), up 8.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Weatherford International Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.