Kroger ( KR) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Kroger fell 39 cents (-1.8%) to $21.59 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10 million shares of Kroger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of six million shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.52-$22.15 after having opened the day at $22.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.98. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: Ignite Restaurant Group ( IRG), down 20.5%, Overseas Shipholding Group ( OSG), down 16.8%, Seven Arts Entertainment ( SAPX), down 16.5%, and Diana Containerships ( DCIX), down 14.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Kroger Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.