Valspar Corporation ( VAL) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Valspar Corporation fell 56 cents (-1.1%) to $50.56 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Valspar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 849,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.90-$51.23 after having opened the day at $51.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.12. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), down 10.3%, Renewable Energy Group ( REGI), down 9.2%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 8.8%, and Lizhan Environmental ( LZEN), down 5.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Valspar Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.