Ecopetrol S.A ( EC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Ecopetrol S.A fell 35 cents (-0.6%) to $55.84 on average volume. Throughout the day, 650,866 shares of Ecopetrol S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 752,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.78-$57 after having opened the day at $56.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.19. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), down 14.9%, Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), down 10.3%, Renewable Energy Group ( REGI), down 9.2%, and BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 8.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ecopetrol S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.