Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities leader. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Exelon rose 25 cents (0.6%) to $39.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.3 million shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.53-$39.14 after having opened the day at $38.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.83. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Active Power ( ACPW), up 5%, GreenHunter Energy ( GRH), up 4.8%, GenOn Energy ( GEN), up 2.8%, and CPFL Energy ( CPL), up 2.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.