Royal Bank of Canada ( RY) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial leader. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Royal Bank of Canada rose 39 cents (0.8%) to $52.21 on light volume. Throughout the day, 430,929 shares of Royal Bank of Canada exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 770,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52-$52.46 after having opened the day at $52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.82. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Guaranty Federal ( GFED), up 17.2%, Farmers Capital Bank Corporation ( FFKT), up 15.4%, E-House China Holdings ( EJ), up 13.9%, and Power REIT ( PW), up 10.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Royal Bank of Canada Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.