Novartis ( NVS) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs leader. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Novartis rose $1 (1.8%) to $57.36 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Novartis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.92-$57.45 after having opened the day at $57.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.36. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: pSivida ( PSDV), up 28%, Rexahn Pharmaceuticals ( RNN), up 20.6%, Pluristem Therapeutic ( PSTI), up 19%, and Bacterin International Holdings ( BONE), up 17.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Novartis Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.