Suncor Energy ( SU) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials leader. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Suncor Energy rose 44 cents (1.5%) to $30.34 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.6 million shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.11-$30.63 after having opened the day at $30.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.90. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Georgia Gulf ( GGC), up 13.2%, Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), up 11.2%, Thompson Creek Metals Company ( TC), up 10%, and Valhi Incorporated ( VHI), up 10%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.