Gold Fields ( GFI) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Gold Fields fell 22 cents (-1.8%) to $11.92 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Gold Fields exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.86-$12.03 after having opened the day at $11.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.14. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: AuRico Gold ( AUQ), down 6.7%, Augusta Resource Corporation ( AZC), down 5.4%, USEC ( USU), down 5%, and Ur-Energy ( URG), down 4.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Gold Fields Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.