Virgin Media ( VMED) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Virgin Media fell 42 cents (-1.7%) to $24.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.5 million shares of Virgin Media exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.69-$25.29 after having opened the day at $25.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.30. Other company's within the Media industry that declined today were: Harte-Hanks ( HHS), down 16.1%, Lee ( LEE), down 8.4%, SearchMedia Holdings ( IDI), down 7.5%, and Promotora de Informaciones SA/FI ADR ( PRIS), down 6.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Virgin Media Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.