Genworth Financial ( GNW) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Genworth Financial fell 18 cents (-3.4%) to $5.12 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6.5 million shares of Genworth Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $5.08-$5.27 after having opened the day at $5.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.30. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Flagstone Reinsurance Holdings ( FSR), down 4.3%, American Safety Insurance Holdings ( ASI), down 3.6%, Unico American Corporation ( UNAM), down 3%, and StanCorp Financial Group ( SFG), down 2.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.