Cenovus Energy ( CVE) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Cenovus Energy fell 65 cents (-1.9%) to $32.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of Cenovus Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.42-$33.37 after having opened the day at $33.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.25. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), down 34.4%, Sanchez Energy ( SN), down 10.9%, Cubic Energy ( QBC), down 10.1%, and Mexco Energy Corporation ( MXC), down 9.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Cenovus Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.