Entergy ( ETR) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Entergy rose $1.07 (1.5%) to $71.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Entergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.35-$71.56 after having opened the day at $70.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.45. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Just Energy Group ( JE), up 5.7%, American Midstream Partners ( AMID), up 4%, Active Power ( ACPW), up 3.7%, and NRG Energy ( NRG), up 2.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Entergy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.