Expeditors International of Washington ( EXPD) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Expeditors International of Washington rose $1.12 (3%) to $38.45 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Expeditors International of Washington exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.14-$38.75 after having opened the day at $37.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.33. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Air Methods ( AIRM), up 8.4%, Patriot Transportation Holdings ( PATR), up 5.5%, DryShips ( DRYS), up 4.2%, and Arkansas Best Corporation ( ABFS), up 4.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Expeditors International of Washington Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.