CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose 50 cents (1.9%) to $26.75 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.11-$27.01 after having opened the day at $26.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.25. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHA), up 9.8%, Birks & Mayors ( BMJ), up 7.3%, Mecox Lane ( MCOX), up 6%, and Francescas Holdings ( FRAN), up 4.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.