Nucor ( NUE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Nucor rose 43 cents (1.1%) to $38.71 on light volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.02-$38.80 after having opened the day at $38.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.28. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 8.9%, Ivanhoe Mines ( IVN), up 7%, Polymet Mining ( PLM), up 5.5%, and Primero Mining ( PPP), up 4.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Nucor Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.