News ( NWS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, News rose 15 cents (0.7%) to $22.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of News exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.36-$22.69 after having opened the day at $22.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.47. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Seven Arts Entertainment ( SAPX), up 24.3%, Inuvo ( INUV), up 14.5%, Digital Domain Media Group ( DDMG), up 12.8%, and Media General ( MEG), up 12.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full News Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.