Google ( GOOG) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Google rose $4.03 (0.7%) to $580.76 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Google exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $576.13-$583.69 after having opened the day at $576.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $576.73. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Tudou Holdings ( TUDO), up 9%, BroadVision ( BVSN), up 7.8%, Youku ( YOKU), up 7.4%, and Shutterfly ( SFLY), up 6.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Google Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.