Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose 29 cents (0.7%) to $43.90 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.55-$44.19 after having opened the day at $43.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.61. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 10.7%, EMC Insurance Group ( EMCI), up 8.9%, Kingsway Financial Services ( KFS), up 8%, and Homeowners Choice ( HCII), up 3.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.