Illinois Tool Works ( ITW) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Illinois Tool Works rose $2.24 (4.4%) to $52.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.9 million shares of Illinois Tool Works exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.33-$53.05 after having opened the day at $50.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.50. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: China BAK Battery ( CBAK), up 13.4%, Ecotality ( ECTY), up 8.3%, Mueller Water Products ( MWA), up 8.1%, and A.O. Smith Corporation ( AOS), up 6.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Illinois Tool Works Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.