Credit Suisse Group ( CS) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Credit Suisse Group rose 65 cents (3.7%) to $18.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.3 million shares of Credit Suisse Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.10-$18.47 after having opened the day at $18.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.70. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), up 19.3%, Central Federal ( CFBK), up 17%, Ampal-American Israel Corporation ( AMPL), up 16.4%, and Broadway Financial ( BYFC), up 15.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Credit Suisse Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.