VMWare ( VMW) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, VMWare rose $9.72 (12.1%) to $90.01 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.7 million shares of VMWare exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $85.32-$90.81 after having opened the day at $85.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.29. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Fortinet ( FTNT), up 10.4%, TIBCO Software ( TIBX), up 8.4%, Deltek ( PROJ), up 8.2%, and Intelligent Systems ( INS), up 8.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full VMWare Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.