Baker Hughes ( BHI) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Baker Hughes rose 94 cents (2.3%) to $41.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.8 million shares of Baker Hughes exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of six million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.56-$42.03 after having opened the day at $40.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.92. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Voyager Oil & Gas ( VOG), up 9.8%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 8.9%, Isramco ( ISRL), up 8.2%, and GeoMet ( GMET), up 7.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Baker Hughes Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.