- Water Efficiency –DPS reduced its landscaping water use by 50 percent through the use of water sensors to more accurately determine water needs.
- Energy and Atmosphere – DPS used light meters to identify lighting efficiencies across the property, resulting in the reduction of more than 2 million KWh of energy. LED lights were added to exterior areas and several areas found to be excessively lit were de-lamped. In addition, the company installed light sensors in common areas, such as break rooms.
- Sustainable Sites – Partnering with its landscape provider, DPS converted to a native /adaptive plant life model on the property, which will help plant life expectancy rates, as well as control erosion and improve pest management.
- Materials Resources – Through the help of their Information Technology department, DPS invested in low-emitting energy equipment throughout the facility. Today, all laptops on the property are Energy Star rated, and the company is in the process of converting equipment using the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool, or EPEAT®.
- Indoor Environmental Quality – The facility now uses 100 percent green cleaning products, and the custodial staff has been trained in green cleaning processes and proper disposal procedures.
DPS is continuing to explore ways to improve sustainable attributes at other sites. In April 2011, DPS was awarded LEED Silver Certification for its 850,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art regional manufacturing and distribution center in Victorville, Calif. The distribution center, which completed the DPS hub-and-spoke distribution system, has been a game changer, eliminating the need for cross-country shipping of many finished products and removing 33 million pounds of CO2 from the atmosphere per year.For more information about Dr Pepper Snapple Group and the company’s corporate social responsibility initiatives, please visit http://www.dpsgsustainability.com/. About Dr Pepper Snapple Group Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) is a leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success is fueled by more than 50 brands that are synonymous with refreshment, fun and flavor. We have 6 of the top 10 non-cola soft drinks, and 11 of our 14 leading brands are No. 1 in their flavor categories. In addition to our flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, our portfolio includes 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Clamato, Crush, Hawaiian Punch, Mott's, Mr & Mrs T mixers, Peñafiel, Rose's, Schweppes, Squirt and Sunkist soda. To learn more about our iconic brands and Plano, Texas-based company, please visit DrPepperSnapple.com. For our latest news and updates, follow us at Facebook.com/DrPepperSnapple or Twitter.com/DrPepperSnapple. About the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is committed to a prosperous and sustainable future through cost-efficient and energy-saving green buildings. USGBC works toward its mission of market transformation through its LEED green building certification program, robust educational offerings, a nationwide network of chapters and affiliates, the annual Greenbuild International Conference & Expo, and advocacy in support of public policy that encourages and enables green buildings and communities. For more information, www.usgbc.org, on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. About LEED The U.S. Green Building Council's LEED green building certification system is the foremost program for the design, construction, maintenance and operations of green buildings. Nearly 47,000 projects are currently participating in the commercial and institutional LEED rating systems, comprising 9.5 billion square feet of construction space in all 50 states and 120 countries. In addition, more than 20,000 residential units have been certified under the LEED for Homes rating system, with nearly 80,000 more homes registered. By using less energy, LEED-certified spaces save money for families, businesses and taxpayers; reduce carbon emissions; and contribute to a healthier environment for residents, workers and the larger community. Learn more at usgbc.org.