- Recognition honors companies that are transforming the communications industry and bringing innovative products and services to market.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 is designed for high-capacity environments demanded by tier one service providers and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 supports 64,000 sessions on a single server, more than twice the capacity of a similar product from the leading SBC competitor.
Quotes:“Sonus has been recognized for their exceptional work in advancing next gen services and technologies. The Sonus SBC 5200 Session Border Controller has proven it is exceptional and its innovation has contributed to the transformation of the industry,” stated Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “We are pleased to honor Sonus for driving the next generation of technologies that will enable our communications needs.” “The Sonus SBC 5200 was the first SBC to address the needs of SIP communications by offering embedded media transcoding, strong security and innovative call routing in a high-performance, small form-factor device,” said David Tipping, Sonus Vice President and General Manager, SBC Business. “We are honored by this recognition as it reflects Sonus’ unwavering commitment to innovation by offering our customers best-in-class products." Other Facts:
- A SIP-based Unified Communications infrastructure could reclaim 23% of the productivity lost on inefficient communications in large enterprises, or 1.21 hours per employee per day, as noted in the “2012 Economic Impact of SIP in the Enterprise” State of the Market report conducted by Webtorials and commissioned by Sonus.
- Sonus recently announced the first-edition of the Session Border Controllers For Dummies ® reference book in partnership with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Sonus recently announced the Sonus SBC 5100, targeting medium-to-large enterprises and tier two/three service providers.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 and Sonus SBC 5100 have been performance verified by Miercom. To access the reports visit www.sonus.net/miercom.
- The NGN Leadership Award winners are featured in Next Gen Mobility’s September 2012 issue as well as INTERNET TELEPHONY’s website, www.itmag.com and Next Gen Mobility’s website, www.nextgenmobilitymag.com.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 received the TMC “2010 Communications Solutions Product of the Year” award.
About Sonus Networks:Sonus helps the world's leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through secure, reliable and scalable IP networks. With customers around the globe and 15 years of experience transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. About TMC: TMC, celebrating its 40th Anniversary in 2012, is a global, integrated media company that helps clients build communities in print, in person, and online. TMC publishes the Customer Interaction Solutions, INTERNET TELEPHONY, Next Gen Mobility and Cloud Computing (formerly InfoTECH Spotlight) magazines. TMCnet.com, which is read by 1.5 million unique visitors each month, is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries. TMC is the producer of ITEXPO, the world’s leading B2B communications event. In addition, TMC runs multiple industry events: including Mobility Tech, M2M Evolution, ChannelVision Expo, MSPWorld, Super WiFi, SUITS, LatinComm, HTML5 Summit Conferences and more. Visit TMC Events for a complete listing and further information. For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com. Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of Sonus’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
Sonus is a registered trademark of Sonus Networks, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50345198&lang=en