Red Hat ( RHT) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Red Hat fell 30 cents (-0.6%) to $51.67 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Red Hat exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.81-$52.53 after having opened the day at $52.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.97. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Lime Energy ( LIME), down 44.8%, DTS ( DTSI), down 25.1%, Alcatel-Lucent ( ALU), down 19%, and 21Vianet Group ( VNET), down 16.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Red Hat Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.