J.C. Penney ( JCP) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, J.C. Penney fell 33 cents (-1.7%) to $19.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9.6 million shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.09-$19.68 after having opened the day at $19.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.58. Other company's within the Retail industry that declined today were: SUPERVALU ( SVU), down 8.1%, E-Commerce China Dangdang ( DANG), down 6.5%, Vitacost.com ( VITC), down 4.8%, and Christopher & Banks Corporation ( CBK), down 4.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.