Unum Group ( UNM) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Unum Group fell 26 cents (-1.4%) to $18.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.6 million shares of Unum Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.63-$19.15 after having opened the day at $19.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.18. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: StanCorp Financial Group ( SFG), down 11%, National Security Group ( NSEC), down 4.5%, Flagstone Reinsurance Holdings ( FSR), down 4.5%, and Investors Title Company ( ITIC), down 2.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Unum Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.