J.M. Smucker ( SJM) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, J.M. Smucker fell 68 cents (-0.9%) to $75.98 on average volume. Throughout the day, 527,707 shares of J.M. Smucker exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 607,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $75.70-$76.99 after having opened the day at $76.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.66. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Mattress Firm ( MFRM), down 12.8%, Mannatech ( MTEX), down 11.8%, Select Comfort Corporation ( SCSS), down 8.6%, and Tofutti Brands ( TOF), down 8.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full J.M. Smucker Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.