United States Steel Corporation ( X) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, United States Steel Corporation fell 33 cents (-1.7%) to $19.44 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7.1 million shares of United States Steel Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.25-$19.96 after having opened the day at $19.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.77. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: AuRico Gold ( AUQ), down 12.2%, HyperDynamics Corporation ( HDY), down 10.2%, Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), down 9.2%, and Voyager Oil & Gas ( VOG), down 8.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full United States Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.