Calpine ( CPN) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Calpine rose 33 cents (1.9%) to $17.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.7 million shares of Calpine exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.39-$17.83 after having opened the day at $17.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.27. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Distribution and Marketing Company of the N ( EDN), up 15.7%, Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), up 5.2%, Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa ( SBS), up 3.3%, and Black Hills Corporation ( BKH), up 2.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Calpine Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.