Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Staples rose 10 cents (0.8%) to $12.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5.4 million shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.41-$12.68 after having opened the day at $12.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.52. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: 1-800 Flowers.com Inc. Class A ( FLWS), up 3.7%, AutoNation ( AN), up 3%, Signet Jewelers ( SIG), up 2.6%, and West Marine ( WMAR), up 2.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.