Akamai Technologies ( AKAM) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Akamai Technologies rose 22 cents (0.7%) to $30.23 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Akamai Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.46-$30.35 after having opened the day at $30.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.01. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: MeetMe ( MEET), up 9.7%, Yelp ( YELP), up 7.4%, Friendfinder Networks ( FFN), up 6.6%, and Web.com Group ( WWWW), up 6.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Akamai Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.