Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial rose 30 cents (0.6%) to $48.65 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.7 million shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.67-$49.13 after having opened the day at $48.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.35. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: China Life Insurance ( LFC), up 4.2%, Kingsway Financial Services ( KFS), up 3.3%, American International Group ( AIG), up 3.2%, and Assured Guaranty ( AGO), up 3.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.