Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Amgen rose $1.50 (1.9%) to $78.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.62-$78.90 after having opened the day at $77.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.26. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: StemCells ( STEM), up 106.9%, Peregrine Pharmaceuticals ( PPHM), up 26.4%, Allos Therapeutics ( ALTH), up 21.7%, and Hemispherx Biopharma ( HEB), up 20.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.