Discover Financial Services ( DFS) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Discover Financial Services rose 54 cents (1.5%) to $35.69 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.3 million shares of Discover Financial Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.04-$35.89 after having opened the day at $35.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.15. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Ampal-American Israel Corporation ( AMPL), up 15.7%, Siebert Financial Corporation ( SIEB), up 7.1%, FBR ( FBRC), up 6.8%, and FirstCity Financial Corporation ( FCFC), up 6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Discover Financial Services Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.