Regions Financial Corporation ( RF) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Regions Financial Corporation rose 19 cents (2.9%) to $6.85 on average volume. Throughout the day, 22.3 million shares of Regions Financial Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.65-$6.86 after having opened the day at $6.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.66. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Ampal-American Israel Corporation ( AMPL), up 15.7%, OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), up 12.2%, Fidelity Bancorp ( FSBI), up 11.6%, and Mid Penn Bancorp ( MPB), up 9.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Regions Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.