International Paper ( IP) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, International Paper rose $1.18 (3.8%) to $31.88 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.7 million shares of International Paper exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.98-$32.25 after having opened the day at $31.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.70. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Standard Register Company ( SR), up 15.8%, Mattel ( MAT), up 9.7%, China Zenix Auto International Ltd ADR ( ZX), up 6.6%, and Boise ( BZ), up 5.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.